The smell of cinnamon and spiced apples fill the air. Alice is baking her much adored Apple Pie to share with her friends. Baking is one of Alice’s favorite ways to show she cares and today we’re excited to share this apple pie recipe with you! We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 3 pounds of Fuji or Granny Smith apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar (For extra sweetness, try 1 full cup)
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crust – Use your favorite crust recipe or opt for a pre-made crust
- 1 egg
- Firstly, peel, core and chop the apples. It’s recommended to chop into ¼-inch or ½-inch slices. Place the apple slices into a large bowl and add the lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar).
- Secondly, in a separate bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg. Once combined, stir into the bowl with the apples. It’s recommended to use your hands to ensure all apple slices become covered.
- Thirdly, add vanilla extract.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Additionally, refer to your favorite crust recipe. Once your crust is rolled and firmly pressed into the pie pan, add the apple filling. When arranging the apples, make sure to add slightly more in the middle of the pie as compared to the rest. Layer with remaining crust (depending on the crust recipe you enjoy the most).
- After that, whisk egg in a small bowl. Brush on the crust.
- To help vent the pie, make 5 slits in the center. Slits should resemble a star.
- Next, bake for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Following that, reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional hour.
- Lastly, remove from the oven and let cool.
- Finally, Enjoy!
Most importantly, baking is made simple with this apple pie recipe. We can’t wait to see your own apple pie creations! Make sure to tag us on Instagram to be featured on our feed.